Wednesday 16 October 2013

Clearing the air


I feel like I need to apologise to you. I jumped straight into my blog without giving you any background information about why I'm actually writing this blog. So instead of sleeping in on my day off I got up to write.

I'm currently a first year uni student at University College Birmingham (UCB) previously known as "College of Food". One of the modules on the course is "Food practice and application", this module consists of taking fairly basic recipes and adapting the ingredients/methods to how we want. So this is where most of my recipe ideas will be coming from. And I hope you will try the recipes out!

http://www.ucb.ac.uk/home.aspx

The other reason why I'm writing this blog is because I want to go into the journalistic side of food. So writing up recipes for magazines, reviewing new foods or food equipment that have come out and writing food critics. I was encouraged by my house mates to start the blog to help me get into the flow of writing and maybe get a slight heads start in my career.

So I'm not trying to do anything special or fancy. I don't want to come across as one of those bloggers who thinks they know it all as I've read blogs like that and it gets my blood boiling.
Hope that cleared things up for you as it did me.

So...

Questions for you readers: Is it possible to be food obsessed? Because I think I may be. What role does food play in your life? Any thoughts...?


My first love: food








2 comments:

  1. I think food, preparing food, is a very nurturing thing. One of my friends who used to own a restaurant said that even when she was a little girl she knew she wanted a cafe so she could spend her life making lots of people feel content and loved.

    I'm not sure about the chefs in high end restaurants who seem to be all about getting drunk and being angry though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Our whole family loves food so much. It's such a value to us that I have decided to give up my career for a short while in part just so we can teach our son (and soon number two) to learn to love food! That is because I think eating healthily and adventurously are partially an acquired gift. It is one form of travel from the comfort of your kitchen or the restaurant you are served it in and also often an art form, when well executed! I can't wait to read more about it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete