Friday 25 October 2013

In a Blink of an Eye

This week has flown by, where has it gone?

Last weekend was my 21st Birthday and here's a little recap of what I consumed.

Friday afternoon: I received the most beautiful edible flower bouquet you could imagine.

The large cupcakes were caramel flavoured and the smaller ones chocolate.The cupcakes were visually stunning as they were delicious & moreish-divine!
Thank you Mum & Dad
I also received a box of 6 strawberry flavoured cupcakes that my amazing sister won for me, thank you Tash :)



 

Friday night: Dinner at Piccolinos Birmingham

  1. Mojito
  2. Calamari Fritti, fried calamari, roast garlic mayonnaise & lemon- delicious!
  3. Farfalle al Salmone, smoked salmon, asparagus, lemon & herb mascarpone- rich but over seasoned for my liking. Note to chefs, don't season to your taste! There are condiments on the tables for a reason, let the customer season the food.
  4. Tiramisu- average, nothing to talk about. It is so disappointing that pastry chefs are in lack in most restaurants. I love to finish my meal with a memorable scrummy dessert and not something that leaves an unpleasant taste in my mouth.

    Overall it was an average dining experience. My expectations were set too high! Not sure if I'll go back. However, I signed up with Individual Restaurants loyalty card and have £20 to spend in one our their restaurants, bonus! Next place to try out "Bank".
    http://www.individualrestaurants.com/
Saturday: Fry up, cupcakes, coffee cake, paella and MORE cupcakes <3

What are your favourite bakes or recipes you like to cook at the weekend? Or where do you like to go out and treat yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment